Windows

5/Cars/feat-tab

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Interesting Observation


Yesterday, when i was hang out with friends, i done something interesting.

For my last PSM, my panels commented my system about the names of vegetables and fruits being used were too difficult to understand. In spite of this, panels stated that all the names seem like not seen before. OMG. Indeed, a very big troublesome for me. How can i tackle this problem? Develop an application with multiple languages for different users ? Undeniably, this will consume my time because every single term need to be translated one by one. My feeling now, unbreathable. Moreover, my databases contains about 2000 types of food and beverages which are tremendous for me.

How come? I guessed all supermarkets in Malaysia have shown the names of vegetables and fruits in English except for Pasar. Hence, i decided to make a survey and an observation in supermarkets.

I took my camera to take the pictures of ve
getables and fruits. I also observed all the names of vegetables and fruits. An interesting and effective way of learning. All these photos were taken at CARREFOUR.

Today, i was not so lucky. I went Pacific to take the photos too and observe the names of vegetables written on the packages. But, i was caught by the workers there. Until now, i just know taking photos there was illegal. The workers there stared me for a long times. But, no one dare to come to me asked me to stop. So, i just ignore them and take the photos happily. Then, i went out from Pacific a while to buy something. And i turned back to take photos second time. This time, one of the worker come to me and ask : "Picture, foto....." Hahahahaha.....He thought i don't know how to speak English. He was struggled there to speak Malay. Then, i said :"Har....What are you taking about".He was surprise i know how to speak English. He continued : "Why you take all those pictures." I answered him: "I need all these photos for my homework." He continued: "Are you a teacher? " I shocked and waited a few minutes just answered him: "i am a student. I need it for a simple homework". He replied: "Thanks you". Hahahaha...A funny case he said thanks you at the end and just let me go. Without waiting i left the place because i scare he will change his decision to ask me delete all those pictures.

From yesterday and today observation, i learned something new for vegetables and beverages. Some of vegetables are never seen and heard by me before but most of vegetables names were written in English. This was the outcome i want. So, i was happy for today's learning. Gambatte Mee Ting....Gambatte for your PSM2^^

0 comments: